CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Father's Day is less than a month away!

This year is flying by.  Is it because I'm in my 30s?  In my 20s the time seemed to go so much slower.

Well since it's almost halfway through the year we know Father's Day is approaching.  I made a cute card featuring dad's tie.  I tried my hand at sewing once again for this one.  I really love how much the sewing adds to the cards.  It just gives it more dimension, more detail.






The base of the card is a deep burgundy that looks a little worn.  I used an argyle print green and burgundy patterned paper that matched the base beautifully.  On top of that I used a complimentary green colored cardstock.  I sanded the edges to give it a worn or distressed look then zig zag stitched a border.  The tie has two layers.  The base layer is the same color burgundy as the base card and on top I used a patterned paper from the same collection as the argyle paper.  I wanted the tie to stand out and I think the blue with the burgundy accents on it fit perfectly.  The caption was stamped using Tim Holtz's distress ink in brick red.

This card is listed in my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/19eighty

0 comments:

Post a Comment