CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

Announcement & Design Team Project Friday

Well, I told you I had a big announcement and today is the day you get to find out what it is! It actually has nothing to do with paper crafting, cards, scrapbooking, etc. Sorry to disappoint if that's what you were looking forward to. I actually think it's better news than anything that has to do with paper. :)

Since it's my day to design for SVG Attic I decided to combine my announcement with my DT project. Ready for it?









Can you guess who? Hehe, it's me silly! After two long years (to the month!) we are ecstatic to announce that we are expecting child #2! This is going to be an interesting new addition. My daughter is already 10 and will just about be 11 when baby Blueberry Nugget Bean (long story) is born so there's a huge gap in age. It's actually nice though because I will have an automatic live-in nanny! Hahaha. This child is going to be annoyed by this baby before it's born if I keep teasing her!

This is my excuse for being around a lot less lately.  I have been absolutely exhausted!  I'm still in my first trimester and I really hope this fatigue goes away.  It's zapping ALL my energy and creativity from me.  My mind draws blanks when I try to think up something to make.  This better go away soon or I'll have a craft room that never gets used.  :(  *sigh*

On to the details of the announcement card.

I used the Tent Cards from SVG Attic as the base of the card. I also used the Give a Hoot collection from SVG Attic for the 3D owl inside the tent card. I added glitter to the owl's eyelashes to bling her out! I used some pink and white Trendy Twine as a border for the frame where the owl sits behind. The front circles were actually the left overs from the cut of the card. I decided to recycle and use it as a slide window. I used my Sew Easy to stitch the floss around the outter circle to create a border. I set some snaps that I purchased on Etsy from wickedwoolgathering with my Crop-a-dile. I added a pink brad to the top so the outter window can slide up to reveal the rest of the message.

That's about it for this project and announcement! Stop by SVG Attic and browse around. You won't be disappointed! New sets are always being released!

4 comments:

Etsy Digital Designers

ooohh, so very happy for you! best wishes through the pregnancy and hope you're feeling a bit better soon.

Love the card!

Shawnna

CityGirl Planners

Congrats! On the card and the baby. How exciting. I know when I was pregnant I couldn't remember anything. My cousin kept beating me at Jeopardy. LOL

Bee's hive

Congratulations! I wish you a healthy happy pregnancy without ANY morning sickness or puffy ankles...
Enjoy it all and bless you all:)

Karen

Congratulations! Best wishes to all of you! I had a baby when my daughter was nine years old. Now at 30 and 21, they are the best of friends! And, yay! A built in nanny helps tremendously! Have a healthy pregnancy, and enjoy!!!

Post a Comment