CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 21, 2011

SVG Attic DT Project: Fall Harvest

Hello and TGIF everyone!  I am so happy today is Friday and my day off.  I got to sleep in a little which was very much needed but I had to drag myself out of bed much earlier than I wanted to get this post going.  I am behind schedule on this!

For all my new followers, I wanted to thank you for stopping by and to my "oldies" thanks for coming back!  Just a quick little note, I am on the SVG Attic design team.  I work with a bunch of great ladies on the team.  There's a few new DT projects a week so make sure you check SVG Attic's blog for all the latest.  I post my projects the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month.

Let me get on to the stuff you came here to see!  My project!  In my last post I mentioned I was scared of layout.  I started off making layouts way back when I got into scrapbooking (haha, only a year ago!) but since then I found I loved making cards.  I got so used to making cards that making a 12x12 layout seemed like way too much for me.  How the heck do you fill a 12x12 page?  Somehow I figured it out and now I am loving layouts again...as long as they are one page layouts!  I haven't graduated to two pages layouts yet.  With all that said, I bet you can guess what my project is!








I love how this layout turned out.

I used the Fall Leaves SVG collection as my inspiration and starting point for this project.  I mix and matched the colors and used Tim Holtz Tea Dye distressing ink to make them look a little dirty and not so bright.

I used the super cute Apple Picking collection for my barrel of apples and of course the apples themselves.  I embossed the inside piece of the barrel with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder.  I then used Tim Holtz Tea Dye distressing ink to give it some additional depth.

I also used the same embossing folder for the yellow frame around the picture.  For that part for the layout I used my Zutter Distress-it-all to distress the edges and again used the Tea Dye ink to make it look older and ragged.  I add red eyelets to the top using a Crop-a-Dile.   

The patterned paper is DCWV's Harvest Gathering stack.

On the left side I framed in the boarder with Trendy Twine's brown and orange fall twine.  Its kind of hard to see but it's there.  

I created the title in Make the Cut.  I love how you can use any font on your computer.  In fact I cut all the SVGs using MTC. 

The finishing touches on the layout are the three cute little brown buttons on the right side.  I tied off some hemp on the buttons to add more color. 

I hope you enjoyed this project and hope you come again!

2 comments:

Jessica Bashaw

Awesome layout!

F.T

The Leafs shapes are so adorable and the color and shades you have used is my favorite.

Plastic card printing
Plastic business cards

Post a Comment