Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mummy Halloween Card

I have been seeing cute Halloween cards floating around, and one of them being a mummy peeking out from behind his wrappings.  I really wanted to make this card so last night before I headed out to a family party I decided to make one.

Isn't he CUTE!!!??  I used white cardstock as the base and then tore up some white scraps I had laying around to use as the mummy's wrappings or bandages.  I inked the edges to give it an older more worn look.  I stamped the bottom with a sentiment from My Thoughts Exactly's Fright Night Phrases stamp set using Vintage Photo distress ink from Tim Holtz.  The eyes I cut out using some stencils I had.

Thankfully I didn't start out with a cutting machine when I started crafting because having the old school basic stuff helps out when you just don't want to mess with SVGs or setting up the machine and computer to cut.  Really, I just don't want to deal with the hassle sometimes.  In fact I have been eyeing punches lately but then I realize I'd end up spending a TON because I would need every shape in every size and I might as well just either use the stencils I have or use my Silhouette to cut them out rather than spend hundreds on punches.  Oh the dilemmas us crafty people deal with!  :)

Oh by the way, I read that Silhouette is coming out with a new machine?!  I can't remember the name of it but I was intrigued at first but then realized it's small like my SD so I have no use for it.  If I'm going to upgrade I will get the Cameo and get rid of my dust collecting Cricut Expression.  Poor thing has been sitting for at least a year collecting dust.  I have used it once since getting my Silhouette.  Probably time to sell the thing and use the money towards a Cameo!  

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my mummy!  I may make some more with different colored eyes such as purple or green.  Maybe have him or her peeking ou from behind some darkness......


Bee's hive

How flippin' COOL is this! Truly very walking dead like ;)

Post a Comment