CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mummy Halloween Card

I have been seeing cute Halloween cards floating around, and one of them being a mummy peeking out from behind his wrappings.  I really wanted to make this card so last night before I headed out to a family party I decided to make one.





Isn't he CUTE!!!??  I used white cardstock as the base and then tore up some white scraps I had laying around to use as the mummy's wrappings or bandages.  I inked the edges to give it an older more worn look.  I stamped the bottom with a sentiment from My Thoughts Exactly's Fright Night Phrases stamp set using Vintage Photo distress ink from Tim Holtz.  The eyes I cut out using some stencils I had.

Thankfully I didn't start out with a cutting machine when I started crafting because having the old school basic stuff helps out when you just don't want to mess with SVGs or setting up the machine and computer to cut.  Really, I just don't want to deal with the hassle sometimes.  In fact I have been eyeing punches lately but then I realize I'd end up spending a TON because I would need every shape in every size and I might as well just either use the stencils I have or use my Silhouette to cut them out rather than spend hundreds on punches.  Oh the dilemmas us crafty people deal with!  :)

Oh by the way, I read that Silhouette is coming out with a new machine?!  I can't remember the name of it but I was intrigued at first but then realized it's small like my SD so I have no use for it.  If I'm going to upgrade I will get the Cameo and get rid of my dust collecting Cricut Expression.  Poor thing has been sitting for at least a year collecting dust.  I have used it once since getting my Silhouette.  Probably time to sell the thing and use the money towards a Cameo!  

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my mummy!  I may make some more with different colored eyes such as purple or green.  Maybe have him or her peeking ou from behind some darkness......

1 comments:

Bee's hive

How flippin' COOL is this! Truly very walking dead like ;)

Post a Comment