CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 19, 2013

Pretty Smiles Layout

I entered the latest DCWV challenge with a really cute layout.  I didn't think I would be able to pull it off since it's been so long since I made a layout!  Thankfuly the template is provided and all I have to do is pick the paper and pictures.

For this layout I used DCWV's Tahiti Beach stack.  I have so many Hawaii vacation pictures that I need to scrap that I keep buying up all the beach themed stacks and paper I can find.  I just bought another DCWV beach stack last week.  I'll get to that in another post.  Hey, I need SOMETHING to post about since I don't make layouts or cards all the time anymore. 

A little back story before I post the picture.  This particular picture was taken while on vacation on the Big Island (Island of Hawaii).  We were at a little production, show, luau (or whatever) that the townhomes we were staying in was presenting.  They had food all spread out on the table.  Well, me being in love with food hit the table asap.  I grabbed a yummy looking chicken or tuna salad sandwich.  Right before this picture was taken I had bit into this yummy sandwhich and thought I was going to puke.  I know, I should never say that about food but it's true.  I forgot that spam is HUGE in Hawaii.  OMG....I bit into that thing and spit it out like a kid!  I have a huge dislike, more like hate, for spam.  I was forced to eat it as a kid all the time and hated it then.  Oh how despised it.  Well, you know how tastes change as you get older?  Not true in this case.  Ugh...givces me the heeby jeebies thing about it. 

Anyway, somehow I managed to smile right after my horrific spam experience and snap went the camera. 





Sorry, I didn't think to take close ups of elements.  I really love the colors on this layout.  Nice and mute with pops of bright orange or red and some blue. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment