CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sitting In A Tree

An idea came to me while I was looking through a magazine for inspiration, use printed images on cards.  I have seen this before on other cards and other papercrafts but I wasn't sure it's something I wanted to start doing.  I kind of felt like it was cheating since I was using an already made picture rather than me stamping it, coloring it, drawing it, or crafting it out of paper.  I decided to give it a shot anyway just to see what I can create and Sitting in a Tree is it!  Take a gander.


The owls and sentiment are printed onto cardstock
 

Soul Mates

After making this card I realized how printing images onto cardstock opens up a whole new world for my card making.  It's pretty exciting.  So far this is the only card I have made using this technique.  Aside from printing the image another technique I used is embossing.  I dry embossed the brown mat that is behind the image and inked the edges of the white cardstock.   

This is one of the cards featured in my etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/19eighty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment