CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

DCWV's November Stack-a-holic Template Challenge

I came across DCWV's website post the other day about their November template challenge.  I have been getting more and more into scrapbooking my pictures so this was a perfect opportunity to get a picture scrapped. 

For the challenge you just need to use DCWV stacks and make a layout based on the template posted.  Since I mainly buy DCWV stacks I was all set to get going on this.

Here's the template I had to base my page off:

Template by Susan from Sketch Savvy

Not too difficult and really pretty.

Here's what I came up with:






I used the Rustic Stack for this layout.  I love that paper.   

Umm, one thing I learned while making this layout.  Never, ever use the Sew Easy tool while you are distracted.  My husband came in and was talking to me as I was piercing my paper with the Sew Easy and as you can see, my top stitch line is totally crooked!  Boo to that!  He actually kept laughing at it after that.  Meanie!  Good news is my daughter decided she wanted to stitch the thread in so I let her do about half of it.  Whew, less work for me!  It's not thread but I can't think of the name for it at the moment.

Another oopsie I made was nt paying attention to the fact that this layout was for an over size picture.  OOPS!  Oh well, I adjusted and adapted it to a smaller picture.    

One new tool I used is the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio scallop circle 25.  I made the puprle epoxy scallops shown in the second picture.  It works just like a punch but it sticks the epoxy to it at the same time.  Genius right!?

And of course another one of my favorite tools was used in this.  I used the Crop-a-dile to set the brads on either side of the title.

Well, off to submit my layout and go on a bike ride.  Hope you all enjoy your weekend.  Join in on DCWV's challenge if you have time!  It ends the 28th. 

1 comments:

Amy (aka Aimitup)

great layout - love what you did with the DCWV sketch!

Post a Comment