CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Home Wall Decor

Finally!!  After well over a year...actually maybe two...I finally finished a home decor project.  I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.  The project uses canvas, paint, Mod Podge, and scrapbook paper.  I have already played with Mod Podge on frames and such so I was pretty comfortable using it.  I recommend getting used to it before embarking on this venture.  I'll explain why in a minute. 

For now enjoy the pictures.  :)  I'm so proud of it!It matches so well with the painting I have up.



  




 
 
Now on to the how to.....


SUPPLIES:
12'x12" Cardstock
12"x12" canvas
black paint
paint brush
Mod Podge
 sponge paint brushes

I purchased white canvas because that was all they had.  I decided to paint it black (live that song!), hence the paint and paint brush.  If you can get ahold of black canvas you are in luck and can skip that part or if you want white background you're good too!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.  Paint canvas black.  Let dry.

2.  Once dry apply Mod Podge or any adhesive to the canvas liberally and evenly.

3.  Place cardstock on top of glue making sure it is straight and there are no bubbles.  Let dry.

4.  Once dry apply Mod Podge using foam brush to top and sides of canvas.  Don't glob it on or else paper  will really bubble up (ask my husband about that!).  If paper bubbles a little don't worry it should go down.  Let dry.

5.  Repeat step 4.

6.  You're done!!  Now hang them up!  

So my husband had no clue that if you dumped globs of Mod Podge on the paper it would bubble up.  I probably should have warned him.  The ones he did are questionable and lumpy but oh well.  I still hung them up bubbly and all. 


Enjoy your weekend!

~KASI



0 comments:

Post a Comment