CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Thoughts Exactly Guest Designer Day: Triple Scoop Waterfall Card

The day you have all been waiting for has finally arrived!  Oh OK, it's the day I have been waiting for but it was nice to dream that you all were waiting in anticipation too.  Today I get to show you a project I made for my guest designer spot for My Thoughts Exactly stamp company.  Have you seen their stamps yet?  LOVE!!  You can mix and match the words to make your own phrases.  They are so versatile!  You can evenb use each word individually as I did in my project for today.  You get to see some pictures today and a video!  Yes, I made a short video to show you what the heck my project does because poor little me had no clue going into it!

Lately I have been trying new techniques or types of projects.  I started with the step cards and made a few different styles of them.  The I tried my hand at bookmarks and made a few of those and I made a shape card on Tuesday, the first of it's kind for me.  There's probably more in there but I can't think of what else I've done.  I seriously am always trying something new...always....whether it be a new technique, a new toy, or a new style.  I am in love with learning.  On that note let's get on to my *sweet* project.

As I mentioned earlier, I am always up for trying something new.  This project is no different in that it's something I have never made before.  Awhile back waterfall cards were the rage but as is usual with me I am really slow with getting into what the cool trend is.  I am like that with everything actually.  So I had seen these waterfall cards around and never really cared to make them.  I thought you make a card, attach some flaps to it and there ya go.  You just flip the flaps up and that's it.  Well, I was wrong.  Wait...did I just say that?  Don't tell my husband!  He will use it against me for life!  I found a video tutorial and that is when I found out what a waterfall card REALLY is...an awesome interactive card!

Before I knew what a waterfall card was I already knew I wanted to use the super cool triple scoop ice cream cone from SVG Attic's Ethan's Cool Treats SVG Collection and My Thoughts Exaclty's so to find out that parts of the card can move made me even more excited!  I didn't even know if I could pull it off but guess what?  I did!  Woohoo to me! 

Triple Scoop Waterfall Card


You know you want some!!





YUM!

Now to show you what it does.  It looks like just flaps you flip up right?  The card in action is so much cooler!  Here's the video.  By the way it's my first video ever and I enjoyed making it and editing it. 




Get the link HERE in case you can't view it on the blog.   

I really hope you enjoyed my guest designer project!  If you have any questions you can email me at 19eightyexpressions@gmail.com!  

Don't forget to check out SVG Attic and My Thoughts Exactly.  The two companies are working together to bring you coordinating SVG and stamp collections!  How awesome is it that I am on the design team for SVG Attic and get to be a guest designer for My Thoughts Exactly?  I had the guest designer spot before I made it onto the SVG Attic design team and had no clue the two were collaborating.  What an exciting day for me to find out I get to work with both!!

Psst, Monday My Thoughts Exactly is debuting two new stamp sets.  You don't want to miss it!  Sadly I will and it can't be helped.  I really am bummed. 

7 comments:

Bee's Zen Garden

Super cute!! I love waterfall cards, great idea to use the ice cream cone! :-D

CityGirl Planners

It is very, very cute! I have a waterfall card set and haven't used it yet. Boy, am I a slacker. I have so much stuff and not using it. You are inspiring me to get off my duff and craft. Thank you. ;P

Happy Card Encouragement Factory

Anna Dawn

That is so cute!! Very clever to use the scoops on a waterfall card! Don't worry, you can't see any glue in the the video!! Lol! :-)

Anonymous

I love this card!!

Elizabeth

That is a great card!! Love the colors!

http://myscrappylife0.blogspot.com/

Amber J

This card is so cute!

Ashley

This is an amazing card! I've never seen a waterfall card and I absolutely love the one you made - thanks so much for the inspiration, I'll definitely give one a try!

Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations, I am now a follower. :)

I would love if you stopped by my craft blog, Made Especially For You.

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Post a Comment